Wednesday 8 May 2013

One Internet Journey...

When I woke up this morning, I'd completely forgotten that last night I made a purchase on the internet.

What happened was, I was sitting on the internet bored for a few hours, and what tends to happen in situations like this is that I just go from one site to the next, and I find myself being taken to a totally different place from where I started. 

This happens quite a lot, sometimes I might just be going from video to video on youtube via the related videos. This tactic has lead me to seeing some crazy stuff, I'll start off by innocently looking at a short clip of a goal or something, and I end up finding myself at the opposite end of the internet staring at a video of a supposed mythical creature being caught on tape or something.

Next thing I know it's 3am and this fellas judging me

On other occasions I'll visit one of the many sites I use to just pass the time. I think the correct term is procrastination (ironically, writing this blog could be described as that as well). I've built up a fair collection of sites I use to do this over the years, there's the aptly named killsometime.com, there's break.com, my current favourite tickld.com, and others such as failblog, worldstar and liveleak. The other thing I do a lot on the internet is just search for stuff. I'll see things mentioned somewhere and I'll find out all about them. This sometimes leads to other epic quests across wikipedia clicking on links on a page and just continuing.

Anyway, it was sort of a combination of these two past times that lead me to the forgotten purchase last night. The website of choice last night was Failblog, and after getting to about page 12, I came across this picture:


It's basically a diagram of how you're effected when you have a hangover, and a cure for each part of this. So I went on a little googling spree, I was trying to find out what opioids were, what foods contained B vitamins and what rosiglitazone is, the plan being that I could crack the hangover secret and prepare a little recovery pack for the next day (recovery wank is still my number one tip though). But when I saw the oxygen one, I was a bit puzzled. Oxygen is already in the air, so how do you get more oxygen when you're hungover? Naturally, I went to google: "oxygen hangover". And to my surprise oxygen as a hangover cure is a well known thing, and of course people have made products for this.

To cut a long story short, last night I bought an oxygen tank. A fucking oxygen tank.

Bearing in mind I bought this in the middle of the night, but I don't know what possessed me to do it. So today, I woke up and I'd completely forgotten about this, then a bit later on the thought popped into my head and I was like I must have dreamt that. So I check my Amazon account and there it is. I bought a fucking oxygen tank.


I don't really know what I'm going to use it for, I'll give it a try on a hangover and see if it does do anything. What I'm probably going to do is when I get it I'll give it a little blast and do a blog reviewing my findings from the test, cos I'm sure everyone will be dead interested to know. Anyway, that was just a little blog about something really of no interest to no one about my life. Thanks for reading.

"It's oxygen, not steroids, I promise"

@adamheath








No comments:

Post a Comment